Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Will borrowers prosper with Prosper?

Yesterday I came across Prosper for the first time and funny enough it was just after talking to a friend about developing a model for MBA students in which they would sell a share of future earnings in exchange for school fees etc. Any opinions on this idea?

Regarding Prosper I really like the idea of ebay-like connecting loan seekers and lenders. The transparency provided through Credit Grade and Debt to Income ratios seems enough for me when it comes to making a $50-$10,000 decision. Group arrangements on the borrower side help to mitigate risk. There's a good amount on liquidity on there and I'll probably start participating soon. Check it out!

0 comments:

My Personal DNA

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro