Sunday, January 07, 2007

In-store search has a lot of potential

Yesterday I went to my local Bed, Bath and Beyond (stock: BBBY) - unfortunately there was no time left for Home Depot...
I was looking for a CD-Rack (yes, some people still use CDs) and asked about 5 sales associates. The common answer was something along the lines of "yes, somewhere downstairs or maybe not at all" - which led me to abandon the store pretty quickly...
Everybody is in love with Online Search - but how easily could BBBY increase its in-store conversion rate by equipping sales associates with a little PDA that contained an overview of the entire store and would let them search for the item, answer the question and ideally print out a little map? I'm sure some stores are doing just this - but it seems like a logical extension of search into the offline world for me.

0 comments:

My Personal DNA

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro