Monday, April 05, 2010

Rewarding consumption at your competitors

Let me start by saying that this has to be one of the best ideas I’ve seen in ages.  I’m very pleased and very excited by this.

Gwilym Davies – you know, the current World Barista Champion – has come up with a rather splendid card: the disloyalty card.

The idea is simple:  If you go and drink coffee at 8 interesting, quality focused cafes around (mostly) East London then he will say thank you by making you a coffee for free.

(click to embiggen)

I just think this is brilliant.  There is no catch, it isn’t some cunning ruse to sell more coffee.  It might work if one roaster supplied all the places on the card – but there is a complete mix from Burgil to Union, from Square Mile to Nude’s in house espresso.  Gwilym just wants people to go and try coffee in different places.

This man is a great ambassador for coffee.

So swing by Prufrock Coffee in Present at 140 Shoreditch High Street, grab a card and then have a little tour of some great cafes around Central and East London.  There is one of the best baristas in the world at the end of it, waiting to give you a delicious drink to say thank you.  Superb.

If you enjoyed this then please share it:
  • Yahoo! Buzz

  • Twitter

  • Digg

  • Reddit

  • StumbleUpon

  • del.icio.us

  • Facebook

  • PDF

  • Print

Related posts:

  1. The wine model doesn’t work I think everyone in coffee knows deep down this is...
  2. Bristol Barista Jam Today Anette and I drove across to Bristol for a...
  3. Colombia 2007 – Bogota Back when I was in Moscow Jose Arreola asked me...
  4. WBC 2008 Well, where to begin? Copenhagen was not what I expected,...
  5. The Fair Trade Finish Line A little while ago my frustration with Cadburys advertising led...

Sounds like a silly idea to me - unless you've partnered with them before. But it's an original idea for sure.

Posted via web from digbits's posterous

0 comments:

My Personal DNA

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro